70-410 Question: You work as an administrator at ABC.com. The ABC.com network consists of a single domain named ABC.com.All servers in the ABC.com domain, including domain controllers,have Windows Server 2012 installed.You have configured a server,named ABC-SR07,as a VPN server.You are required to configure new firewall rules for workstation connections.You want to achieve this using the least amount of administrative effort.Which of the following actions should you take? A. You should consider making use of the Enable-NetFirewallRule cmdlet. B. You should consider making use of the New-NetFirewallRule cmdlet. C. You should consider making use of dism.exe from the command prompt. D. You should consider making use of dsadd.exe from the command prompt. Answer: B
Microsoft 70-410 Question: You work as an administrator at ABC.com. The ABC.com network consists of a single domain named ABC.com. All servers in the ABC.com domain, including domain controllers, have Windows Server 2012 installed.You have just executed the Uninstall-Windows Feature Server-Gui-Shell –Remove cmdlet on a ABC.com server, named ABC-SR13.Which of the following is the reason for doing this? A. To only remove Windows Explorer from ABC-SR13. B. To only remove the Windows Internet Explorer from ABC-SR13. C. To only remove the components and files related to Windows Explorer from ABC SR13. D. To remove Windows Explorer, Windows Internet Explorer, and all associated components and files from ABC-SR13. Answer: D
Microsoft plans to release updates to Windows 2012 R2 and Windows Server 8.1 sometime this spring. Upgrading from Windows 8.1 was announced today by Vice President and Corporate Director for Windows Phone. He said that Microsoft is its faster release cadence with the new update is coming in the next few months. He did not specify a date, but veteran observers said Microsoft sources say it will be on April 8 Windows Update 8.1 includes fixes for mouse and keyboard users, support for advanced hardware options and compatibility improvements to speak of organizations, according to vice president and manager. Microsoft found that users of Windows 8 touch screen devices lacking in experience compared to those users who had touch screens for less, he said. So Microsoft provides enhancements designed specifically for mouse and keyboard users in the new update. Microsoft sought, switches and network settings to the home screen to add the 8.l.Windows Update right mouse button on the screen begin to users and applications around. Mouse and keyboard users a close button in the Windows Store apps to see (known also known as Metro applications).He explained that the keyboard and mouse users have tended to focus on how the shop windows application, so a close button is added around confused. Applications will be easier to start, and go from Windows taskbar 8.1, Microsoft is also promising. Finally, Microsoft plans to add a compatibility mode for IE Internet Explorer 8 11.He said the new Compatibility Mode will help improve the compatibility of legacy web applications in organizations. Internet Explorer 8 is the latest version of the browser that is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP and many of the business applications they may be based on older technology than IE 8.Presumably the new organizations compatibility mode to help if they cannot or will not, these Legacy- will update the web applications. Microsoft is committed to helping manufacturers of hardware build lower-cost hardware with the Windows 8.1 update. In particular, it is called the support for 1 GB of RAM and is added with the release of the upgrade of 16 GB of space on the hardware side.
You work as an administrator at ABC.com. The ABC.com network consists of a single domain named ABC.com. All servers on the ABC.com network have Windows Server 2012 installed.ABC.com has a server, named ABC-SR07, which has the AD DS, DHCP, and DNS server roles installed. ABC.com also has a server, named ABC-SR08, which has the DHCP, and Remote Access server roles installed. You have configured a server, which has the File and Storage Services server role installed, to automatically acquire an IP address. The server is named ABCSR09.You then create a filter on ABC-SR07.Which of the following is a reason for this configuration?
A. To make sure that ABC-SR07 issues ABC-SR09 an IP address.
B. To make sure that ABC-SR07 does not issue ABC-SR09 an IP address.
C. To make sure that ABC-SR09 acquires a constant IP address from ABC-SR08 only.
D. To make sure that ABC-SR09 is configured with a static IP address.
Microsoft has released Windows 8.1 Update 1 is started for manufacturing, according to my sources, as well as for known Windows leaking. Windows 8.1 Update 1, Microsoft has also referred to internally Windows 8.1, and Windows Update Primavera 8.1 update is acceptable for Windows 8.1 and familiar for users to use the mice as much, if not more prefer to make that contact. Word for Windows 8.1 Update 1, the existence of feature set and began leaking for months.Pre RTM builds of the update was leaking for weeks. During the Mobile World Congress (have not yet been leaked on the web from March 4 The RTM version), Microsoft executives made no official information about the upcoming release for the first time in public. Windows 8.1 Update 1 settings include a title bar at the top of modernity/Windows Store apps, new, can shortcut menu, right-click, and search buttons, the addition of power and the home screen. Windows 8.1 Update 1 is a smaller footprint (1 GB RAM, 16 GB of memory) have 8.1 set so that device manufacturers to Windows with the update into smaller, cheaper tables. Windows 8.1 Update 1 is in IE11 include the IE8 compatibility mode IE11 specified previously as Enterprise mode. For Windows 8.1, in agreement with previous reports, boat-Desktop is installed by default on new PCs/devices without a touch screen. Users upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 8.1 Update 1, which does not see it as the default boot desktop set, their change boot default values. Microsoft reported that the RTM build was designated on 21 Compiled on 26 February and Signed in February. Microsoft’s next step is the RTM code to OEMs for preloading on new machines.In addition, Microsoft has released Windows Server 2012 R2 plug Update 1 for manufacturing, he said. Microsoft officials confirmed last week that would come to a server and client update. Microsoft plans Windows 8.1 Update 1 for MSDN subscribers on 2 April to make available, according to Microsoft's Windows Supersite make on 8 April Patch Tuesday, general update through Windows Update, I have heard from my contacts.Microsoft may publish at least another 8.1 Update for Windows later this year. I have plans about whether to do within the company may not yet set in stone of my contacts this.
70-410 Question: You work as an administrator at ABC.com. The ABC.com network consists of a single domain named ABC.com. All servers on the ABC.com network have Windows Server 2012 installed. A server named, ABC-SR13, has a Server Core Installation of Windows Server 2012 installed. You are instructed to convert ABC-SR13’s installation to a Server with GUI installation. You want to use a Windows PowerShell cmdlet that uses Windows Update as a source.Which of the following actions should you take? A. You should consider making use of the Install-Windows Feature Server-Gui-Mg mt-Infra, Server-Gui-Shell –Restart cmdlet. B. You should consider making use of the Install- Install-Windows Feature Server-Gui-Mgmt-Infra,Server-Gui-Shell –Restart –Source c:\mountdir\windows\winsxs cmdlet. C. You should consider making use of the Install- Uninstall-Windows Feature Server-Gui-Shell–Remove cmdlet. D. You should consider making use of the Set-Execution Policy cmdlet. Answer: A
Migrating from Windows Server 2008 R2 to the latest version? These tips will help you get up to speed quickly. Microsoft has applied its modern interface to the desktop in Windows Server 2012.Here’s how you can perform simple admin tasks that have changed since Server 2008 R2.
1. Shutdown or Restart Your ServerThe Start menu is missing in action, and shut down and restarts the new commands missing in the home screen, as it may restart or shutdown the new server is not immediately obvious. The quickest way is to press Windows +R and click on the button at the bottom of the window to access configuration commands restart and shutdown. Alternatively, in Windows Server 2012 R2, are the power commands by pressing Windows +X or click the Start button.
2. Using Search in Windows Server 2012Cannot find something in Windows Server 2012, the search is the first place to head. The easiest way to access the Web, the Windows key is the press and replaces the desktop to start screen. You then be used the term you want to search.The results are shown in category. For example, if you search the Services administrative tool, simply type services in the Start menu and selecting local services in the search results. This is much faster than navigating the control panel for finding the right tool. To narrow the search to a specific folder, which is useful in file servers open the file explorer either from the icon on the desktop task bar or by pressing Windows +E,navigate to the folder you want to search in the panel left and enter a search term to narrow the search box on the top right corner. File Explorer lets you search on the contextual tab to sort the advanced options and the ability to filter and select the files and folders.
3. Finding the Run Box and Opening a Command PromptTo access the Run box of Windows Server 2012, Windows console press R. The Power Shell can also run all Windows systems, so no need to open the command prompt to run old DOS style commands. You can use Power Shell with blue icon on the taskbar or desktop Power Shell script on the main screen, press open Power Shell search results. Alternatively, you can use a standard cmd command on the Home screen and select to open the command prompt from search results or press the Windows +X, where the command prompt running with or without administrative credentials.
4. Join a DomainTo access the Control Panel applet of Windows Server 2012 to a domain, Server Manager, connecting the blue icon on the task bar on the desktop or from the Start menu. In the left pane of Server Manager, click Local Server. Sub-properties in the central area on the link on the right side of the computer name or domain. Then you can change the server name or join a domain, as in previous versions of Windows Server.
5. Turn off Internet Explorer Enhanced SecurityIn the Mirror Server Manager Tab allows you to enable or disable Internet Explorer enhanced security? The greater certainty should not be disabled on production servers, it can be useful to temporarily disable in laboratory environments. Click on the link on the right side of the security settings in Internet Explorer Properties to change settings for administrators or users.
70-410 Question: You work as a senior administrator at ABC.com. The ABC.com network consists of a single domain named ABC.com. All servers on the ABC.com network have Windows Server 2012 installed. You are running a training exercise for junior administrators. You are currently discussing connection security rules. Which of the following is TRUE with regards to connection security rules? (Choose all that apply.) A. Connection security rules allows for traffic to be secured via IPsec. B. Connection security rules do not allow the traffic through the firewall. C. Connection security rules are applied to programs or services. D. Connection security rules are applied between two computers. Answer: A,B,D
70-410 Question: You work as an administrator at ABC.com. The ABC.com network consists of a single domain named ABC.com. All servers on the ABC.com network have Windows Server 2012 installed. You have been instructed to make sure that a server, named ABC-SR07, is configured to be managed remotely from ABC-SR01 using Server Manager.Which of the following is not a valid option to take? (Choose all that apply.) A. You could access the server manager on ABC-SR01. B. You could access the server manager on ABC-SR13. C. You could run the %windir%\system32\Configure-SMRemoting.exe from n elevated command prompt on ABC-SR13. D. You could run the Configure-SMRemoting.exe –enable cmdlet on ABC-SR01. Answer: A,D
70-410 Question: You work as a senior administrator at ABC.com. The ABC.com network consists of a single domain named ABC.com. All servers on the ABC.com network have Windows Server 2012 installed. You are running a training exercise for junior administrators. You are currently discussing the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security feature.Which of the following is TRUE with regards to Windows Firewall with Advanced Security? (Choose all that apply.) A. It provides host-based, two-way network traffic filtering for a computer. B. It provides host-based, one-way network traffic filtering for a computer. C. It blocks unauthorized network traffic flowing into or out of the local computer. D. It only blocks unauthorized network traffic flowing into the local computer. E. It only blocks unauthorized network traffic flowing out of the local computer. Answer: A,C