Microsoft has released Windows 8.1 Update 1 is started for manufacturing, according to my sources, as well as for known Windows leaking. Windows 8.1 Update 1, Microsoft has also referred to internally Windows 8.1, and Windows Update Primavera 8.1 update is acceptable for Windows 8.1 and familiar for users to use the mice as much, if not more prefer to make that contact. Word for Windows 8.1 Update 1, the existence of feature set and began leaking for months.Pre RTM builds of the update was leaking for weeks. During the Mobile World Congress (have not yet been leaked on the web from March 4 The RTM version), Microsoft executives made no official information about the upcoming release for the first time in public. Windows 8.1 Update 1 settings include a title bar at the top of modernity/Windows Store apps, new, can shortcut menu, right-click, and search buttons, the addition of power and the home screen. Windows 8.1 Update 1 is a smaller footprint (1 GB RAM, 16 GB of memory) have 8.1 set so that device manufacturers to Windows with the update into smaller, cheaper tables. Windows 8.1 Update 1 is in IE11 include the IE8 compatibility mode IE11 specified previously as Enterprise mode. For Windows 8.1, in agreement with previous reports, boat-Desktop is installed by default on new PCs/devices without a touch screen. Users upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 8.1 Update 1, which does not see it as the default boot desktop set, their change boot default values. Microsoft reported that the RTM build was designated on 21 Compiled on 26 February and Signed in February. Microsoft’s next step is the RTM code to OEMs for preloading on new machines.In addition, Microsoft has released Windows Server 2012 R2 plug Update 1 for manufacturing, he said. Microsoft officials confirmed last week that would come to a server and client update. Microsoft plans Windows 8.1 Update 1 for MSDN subscribers on 2 April to make available, according to Microsoft's Windows Supersite make on 8 April Patch Tuesday, general update through Windows Update, I have heard from my contacts.Microsoft may publish at least another 8.1 Update for Windows later this year. I have plans about whether to do within the company may not yet set in stone of my contacts this.
Migrating from Windows Server 2008 R2 to the latest version? These tips will help you get up to speed quickly. Microsoft has applied its modern interface to the desktop in Windows Server 2012.Here’s how you can perform simple admin tasks that have changed since Server 2008 R2.
1. Shutdown or Restart Your ServerThe Start menu is missing in action, and shut down and restarts the new commands missing in the home screen, as it may restart or shutdown the new server is not immediately obvious. The quickest way is to press Windows +R and click on the button at the bottom of the window to access configuration commands restart and shutdown. Alternatively, in Windows Server 2012 R2, are the power commands by pressing Windows +X or click the Start button.
2. Using Search in Windows Server 2012Cannot find something in Windows Server 2012, the search is the first place to head. The easiest way to access the Web, the Windows key is the press and replaces the desktop to start screen. You then be used the term you want to search.The results are shown in category. For example, if you search the Services administrative tool, simply type services in the Start menu and selecting local services in the search results. This is much faster than navigating the control panel for finding the right tool. To narrow the search to a specific folder, which is useful in file servers open the file explorer either from the icon on the desktop task bar or by pressing Windows +E,navigate to the folder you want to search in the panel left and enter a search term to narrow the search box on the top right corner. File Explorer lets you search on the contextual tab to sort the advanced options and the ability to filter and select the files and folders.
3. Finding the Run Box and Opening a Command PromptTo access the Run box of Windows Server 2012, Windows console press R. The Power Shell can also run all Windows systems, so no need to open the command prompt to run old DOS style commands. You can use Power Shell with blue icon on the taskbar or desktop Power Shell script on the main screen, press open Power Shell search results. Alternatively, you can use a standard cmd command on the Home screen and select to open the command prompt from search results or press the Windows +X, where the command prompt running with or without administrative credentials.
4. Join a DomainTo access the Control Panel applet of Windows Server 2012 to a domain, Server Manager, connecting the blue icon on the task bar on the desktop or from the Start menu. In the left pane of Server Manager, click Local Server. Sub-properties in the central area on the link on the right side of the computer name or domain. Then you can change the server name or join a domain, as in previous versions of Windows Server.
5. Turn off Internet Explorer Enhanced SecurityIn the Mirror Server Manager Tab allows you to enable or disable Internet Explorer enhanced security? The greater certainty should not be disabled on production servers, it can be useful to temporarily disable in laboratory environments. Click on the link on the right side of the security settings in Internet Explorer Properties to change settings for administrators or users.
Q: Because Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) is an all-time favorite malware target,we want to get rid of IE to reduce the attack surface on our Windows Server platforms.What options do we have? Are there any new features in Windows Server 2012 to help us out? A: Some Windows Server OS offer installation options that provide a more secure alternative to the classic full-blown GUI-based administration interface. These installation options are Server Core (available in Windows Server 2008 and later) and Minimal Server Interface (available in Windows Server 2012 and later). Microsoft introduced Server Core Server 2008 administrators to restrict the command line for server management. In Server 2008 administrators from the central server and full installation options can be selected. In Server 2012, Microsoft has minimal server interface, which is an intermediate state between the options of full and Server Core installation. Minimal Server Interface contains most of the server with a graphical user interface; with the exception of IE and-two components of the larger shells is the Windows Explorer GUI Windows. Minimal server interface does not contain the Windows desktop application or support Metro. In addition, a number of applications to the control panel (applets implemented as shell extensions) are not available. These include the Programs and Features, Network and Sharing, Devices and Printers, Screen, Windows Firewall, Windows Update, sources and storage areas applets. Important management tools such as Microsoft Management Console (MMC) and Server Manager are still small server interface. In Server 2012,a server interface minimal installation is easy to change to a GUI in manufacturing or a Server Core installation or vice versa.(Exchange Server Core full GUI user, or vice versa, is not a trivial task in Server 2008).
Since the release of Windows Server 2012 R2, in October 2013, the place on the set of updates for the new operating system has both cloud server has been said. He has spent most of the attention in the improvement of virtualization.
Dynamic WitnessThe launch of Windows Server 2012 R2 has brought a complete overhaul of the cluster quorum process. In the past election, the quorum model when you create a cluster using a complex decision that requires careful examination was necessary. Depending on the number of nodes in the cluster (an even number or an odd number),you had choose a veritable plethora of quorum models to choose from, including Node Majority, Node and Disk Majority or Node and File Share Majority among others. Well, the choice was made much easier: you decide whether you need to use a hard disk or a witness File Share Witness only? Unlike previous versions of Windows Server, with the help of a witness for our fail over cluster is now recommended. Gone are the days when a failed disk witness could bring a cluster down.For Windows Server 2012 R2, which we simply a witness, if we our cluster, which then decides whether it is necessary, the witness or not. Therefore, if we have two members of our group (or any even number), the File Share Witness or volume is given a vote, if we have to keep an odd number of votes to get a request a cluster.If we then add a third member to our cluster (or an odd number), the witness voice is removed because it is no longer needed.
Tie Break for 50% Node SplitConsider a more complex example with a cluster consisting of four members. Respectively with one voice, along with a witness who has a voice if the light is off then one of the members of the group selected, and your voice will be deleted. This leaves us with a cluster that has three votes, and reaches the odd number of votes required to keep our group. Especially This dynamic feature is useful for geographically dispersed clusters.If a four-node cluster is divided into two sites to witness file sharing is turned off, a node is selected and your voice will be removed.Again,we are left with three votes, and the group is maintained. If the next cluster connectivity, which would remain the two sides were then loosely two votes and keep the group running.Although this behavior is automatic, you can what influence the choice of cluster member loses my voice Lower Quorum Priority Node ID with the new property. The assignment of this property to a node in the Disaster Recovery (DR), we can ensure that our main site stays up.
Force Quorum ResiliencyThere may come a time when we have a DR site Force Quorum is not connected by a majority, and is at this time. For example, your main site, with three votes your website has failed and DR with two votes have not automatically brought online because it has enough votes. In a cluster of Windows Server 2012 R2, you can use the Cluster service with the / fix quorum (also known as CF modifier / known) to start, then this partition as the authority for the cluster. If the network connection is restored, you can bring the three nodes on the main site back online, the clusters which automatically reconnect without intervention. In Windows Server 2012 connectivity is turned once, which would have failed/prevent Default to start server with modifier quorum new,The above examples show some of the major improvements are now available, I hope you find them useful. If you have questions or want more information please feel free to leave a comment below.